Unofficial topic for Game/Launcher issues troubleshooting

Grundor

Staff member
User
Reaction score
Hello,
Many users are having issues with the game, most of them are caused by SO issues, like outdated drivers, addons, missing libraries, etc.

I would like to share with you some steps and tips to try to fix your problem.
Please scroll down if you're using windows 7

General troubleshooting
  1. Fix corrupted files in your client
    1. Add L2 Folder to Exceptions of windows defender or your antivirus, o directly disabled it and then start again.
      1. Delete your System folder (and Data folder if you have it).
      2. Download again and extract everything again and place Updater in your root folder (example /Lineage2)
      3. Open Updater as Administration.
  2. Be sure to have a visual C++ library installed
    1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ownloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0
  3. Run the Launcher as Administrator (I think you know how to do that, if not ask)
  4. VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing - Follow the link: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-vcruntime140dll-is-missing-error-how-to-fix/
  5. Be sure that there no other l2.exe running, restart the computer if you don't know how to check.
  6. Disable NVIDIA Experience's Overlay.
  7. Run the launcher and l2.exe as administrator always:
    1. Repeat this step for the Lineage II Improved - Innadril.exe and L2.exe
      1. Right-click on the .exe file and select properties
      2. Click at "Compatibility" Tab
      3. Check "Run as Administrator"
      4. Click "OK"
      5. Confirm
  8. Disable Addon Razer Synapse and Other Razer Automation Tools. (Thanks Yuma Yuma )
  9. To fix "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac" add Windows Defender Exception for L2.exe and Lineage II Improved - Innadril.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/8a096ae3-5ee5-4eac-9dc7-ab4d8628b035?auth=1
Enabling the Launcher to run as administrator will enable multi-threading and it will download and check files 4x faster be sure to proceed the Step 7.

DSetup.dll could not be found

This file was recently updated to remove the need for Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable library that caused issues for some of our players. For some Windows Defender gets triggered and as such it instantly quarantines the file.

If you get the DSetup.dll could not be found error, check your antivirus' quarantined file list, restore it and add it to its exceptions.

1614351144426.png

Antivirus software also flag files based on their behaviour.

DSETUP.dll was modified so that it adjusts the behaviour of NWindow.dll (mainly responsible for UI components) and Engine.dll (responsible for packets & network communication). Essentially, DSETUP.dll 'injects' itself into the aforementioned DLLs and modifies their behaviour.

Without this, a lot of things would have been impossible (target casting bar, over-head clan war icons, Beauty Shop etc.) because NCSoft toggles features based on the server's version.
For instance: 'if the client connects to a 'Classic' server, then ignore Beauty Shop packets and do not read Beauty Shop data'. DSETUP.dll also intervenes and prevents that condition from being checked and allows us to offer you the Beauty Shop.

Now, because this behaviour is reminiscent of a virus, some antivirus software will go off as soon as they see that file. There is not much we can do about this, unfortunately.

For Windows 7 64-bits only:

We work with an updated client with superior performance and graphics, unfortunately, as a side-effect, Lineage 2 will no longer launch on Windows 7 x64 that has no KB3033929 update on board. It requires Security Update for Windows (KB3033929) installed to run the game.

Due to that fact we recommend updating your operating system for all Windows 7 x64 users in order to be able to launch the game.

Windows Vista x64 users will not be able to launch the game due to the fact that the corresponding security update was not issued by Microsoft for that OS.

You should update your system ASAP, Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, but you may want to keep it and you don't have time to do so.

Please read the guide below to find out how to install the corresponding Windows Security Update.

To install the update you will need to follow these steps:
1. Download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=46148
2. Run the file you have downloaded Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.msu
3. Follow the installation master's instructions
You should not have any problems with installing the update, but if you do, please do not hesitate to contact our support here

If you have tried everything here and still have an issue, please post below.
If you have a solution for another issue, please post below.

Last edited:
Все вышеперечисленное делал, не помогает, клиент висит просто в Диспетчере

still not working... new task opens Active Anticheat Error Port Servise... Do this anticheat have LOGS somewhere?

Same for me, i dont get error, but new l2 window does not start. WIN 10 x64

Hello, i have windows 10 with full windows update, i tried everything, from deleting system and data folders to disabling firewall toruning as administrator install the latest c++ but still after the update the game wont start. I press start and i get the aac icon and then nothing. Only the l2.exe running in my applications but no game

It could sound ridiculous, but guys try to open 2 updaters and start the game with both of them almost together at same time. It worked for me 1 time, but now does not work :D

тоже самое актив анти чит вылазит код 1

so krasava logged to someones pc solve the issue,he sucseeded? or thats it no more solutions?