Unofficial topic for Game/Launcher issues troubleshooting

No idea, to be honest. I myself also use Windows Defender and it doesn't flag our updater.

What does your Defender identify it as?
Thank you for Reply Lyrei Lyrei .

In my laptop, a blue pop up window shows and it says windows defender stopped this program (updater.exe) from running. I will try to post the image again when I'm back home.

Already put the game folder to antivirus exception list. Maybe I'll try putting the updater.exe individually to exception list.

Me and the boys are looking forward to play here, hopefully it'll be fun longlasting server.

Step 1: Turn on client (as administrator). Error - missing file.
1614345657755.png

Step 2: Confirm file is missing. Run updater.
1614345677065.png

Step 3: Updater finishes. Click Play.
1614345709380.png

Note: I run the updater, it SEEMS To install the dsetup.dll, but then it removes it after I try to run the client and play.
Haven't seen this issue anywhere else - just trying to make sure the problem is known.

Hello Team Dev. & Administrator,

may we ask why windows defender/ malwarebytes identified the L2 innadril updater as potential malware?
Please kindly respond why. Thanks in advance
Hello,
Because de Launcher and Updater download files to your computer and launches.exe programs, there is no much how to avoid these warnings.

My Windows Defender didn't identify it as malware until now maybe your windows defender is outdated, please run windows update.
(copy and paste in your browser window ms-settings:windowsupdate-action )

Last edited:
Step 1: Turn on client (as administrator). Error - missing file.
1614345657755.png

Step 2: Confirm file is missing. Run updater.
1614345677065.png

Step 3: Updater finishes. Click Play.
1614345709380.png

Note: I run the updater, it SEEMS To install the dsetup.dll, but then it removes it after I try to run the client and play.
Haven't seen this issue anywhere else - just trying to make sure the problem is known.

Try to run the launcher with administrator privileges

Well, maybe just disable this antibot and reverse patch at state 30 hours ago. That should fix the problem.

Grundor. any idea how to fix problem when l2 is not opening and just hanging in process after starting from launcher? And yes i did anything what was written there in the topic.

Grundor. any idea how to fix problem when l2 is not opening and just hanging in process after starting from launcher? And yes i did anything what was written there in the topic.
Add it to windows defender exception and check it to run as administrator

First post updated with a solution to the 'DSetup.dll could not be found' error.